You’ve decided to do something about your IRS and/or State tax problems. Great! That is an important first step on the road to getting your life back. What comes next could determine the fate of your case – who do you reach out to for help? Although there are several options, what follows are reasons why choosing a CPA (especially one well-versed in tax resolution) and not a Tax Attorney is the right move to resolve your tax problems.
Top 5 reasons: Why Choose a CPA and Not a Tax Attorney?
- Your rights – You do have rights as a taxpayer, one of which is the right to representation. A CPA that deals with tax problems for a living knows the ‘ins and outs’ and how to deal with the IRS so that your rights are protected. A tax resolution specialist also knows how to get you the lowest possible settlement.
- Cost – Choosing a CPA tax resolution professional will cost you less in the long run than going with a tax attorney that bills you by the hour.
- Right tool for the job – Tax attorneys are lawyers, dealing with more formal legal and criminal issues in the realm of taxes. Most tax debt/tax problems are not criminal cases, so a CPA tax resolution professional is the right tool for the job.
- Focus – a CPA tax resolution professional is focused on your taxes and tax problems, while the tax attorney is approaching from a legal perspective, which most often is not the issue at hand. While tax attorneys need to focus on criminal law CPAs focus on tax law and resolving tax problems.
- Program requirements – Tax Relief Programs require personal financial statements and a cashflow analysis linked back to supporting information. This is a typical skill set of a CPA and why more CPAs provide Tax Resolution Services.
Make the right move and get Strategic Tax Resolution working on your case today! The right representation makes all the difference! Call us at 888-339-4914 for a free consultation.